Video Calls: Up to 128 Participants and No Time Limits
As our studies, work meetings and communication are increasingly moving online, we need dependable tools thatíll allow us to stay productive and connected. VK video calls have all the features necessary to do this, all for free. We'll tell you how it all works by answering some main questions.
How many people can be on the call?
Now, up to 128 people can join a video call. With this many people, itíd be possible to hold conferences, university lectures or even join several grades of schoolchildren in one place. You can also get all your friends together to wish someone a happy birthday or play Mafia.
Who can be added to the call?
Anyone! You donít need to be friends with them on VK or be in the same chat. Even people who arenít registered on VK can join group video calls. Just copy a call invitation link and send it to them. Then all they have to do is follow the link and enter their name.
How long can calls go on for?
Thereís no time limit. Chat for as long as you like without having to relaunch the call or pay for anything.
Do I need to install anything?
Nope! Everythingís all on VK. And this feature works on both desktop browsers as well as the mobile app.
What other features are there?
- Screen sharing. This can come in handy when you have to give a presentation or teach your mom how to install something.
- The ďRaise handĒ feature. This helps draw attention to you if you want to ask a question.
- Virtual backgrounds with 360į technology. Decide for yourself what you want to have behind you, whether itís the moon, the Great Wall of China, Egyptian pyramids, London, Sydney or an uninhabited island. Backgrounds are only available when calling using the VK mobile app.
- Incoming call notifications. You donít have to go looking for an invitation link or remind people who are late to join the call. Notifications wonít let them miss the beginning of the call.
- Helpful warnings. The service will warn you if you have a bad internet connection or if you started to speak with your microphone turned off.
- Call management. The call creator can easily manage the call by adding or removing participants and turning participantsí microphones on and off.
- Active speaker view. The speaker is automatically determined and takes up the larger part of the window. But you can always switch to a grid with all call participants and pin any one of them to the main screen.
Can I send messages and exchange files during the call?
Of course! If someone wants to write something, a chat will appear, automatically adding all of the call participants. The messages are saved even after the call has ended. Content and messages will remain available and discussion can be continued at any time. Also, during the call you can still use VK and go between different sections of the website.
Howís the call quality?
We created several technologies that increase the quality of audio and video calls. For example, one of the algorithms reduces the load on your device and network without sacrificing sound and image quality. That means that everything will go smoothly, even if your internet connection is shaky.
Using the updated video calls, you can effectively conduct lectures, conferences, meetings and presentations. Talk freely, and donít worry about which functions are available. VKís got everything covered, for free and without time limits.