By submitting an application for placement in the Services Directory, you accept these Rules, the Rules for Using VK Website
, as well as the Platform Rules
The current version of these Rules, which is a public document, is available at https://vk.com/vk_apps_rules. The
Website Administration has the right to make changes to these Rules. Notification of changes to the Rules is carried out by posting a new version of the Rules on the Website at the permanent address https://vk.com/vk_apps_rules
no later than 10 days before the entry into force of the relevant changes. Previous editions of the Rules are stored in the archive of the Website Administration documentation.
Please note that the compliance of the Service with the clauses listed below does not guarantee entering the Directory.
The Website Administration reserves the right to refuse / suspend placing the Service in the Directory, as well as remove the Service from the Directory and lock its placement in the Directory without giving reasons, including in case of violation of these Rules and other special documents of the Website Administration.
- The Service is a VK Apps application, functioning with using of the Public API VK, which is a website displayed in iFrame or mobile WebView browser version of VK or VK iOS and VK Android official clients.
- The Directory is a list of VK Apps Services at https://vk.com/services.
Access to the User data and their processing should be made only after receiving from the User an explicit, specific and informed permission for specific actions with his/her data.
- It should be clear for the User why the Service needs this or that permission. You can only request permissions if they are necessary for the main functions of the Service that are already implemented.
- It is forbidden to use permissions that give access to the User or device data for operation of unclaimed, non-implemented or prohibited functions (for example, API audio, messaging).
- Access to the data should be requested in terms of the Service (using stepwise authorization). This will help Users understand why you need this or that permission.
- Use the data only for the purposes for which the User has given his/her permission. If later it become necessary to use them for other purposes, you will need to get the explicit User’s consent to this.
- The data received by the Service, such as, without limitation, through the API newsfeed search, wall.get, wall.search, including User ID, cannot be used for the purposes of transfer or resale, creation of analytical reports, scoring, etc., directly or through intermediaries, without the direct consent of the User and the Website Administration.
- The Service cannot be claimed to be the official product of another application or brand. Among other things, it is prohibited to use VK logo, gifts or stickers in the design, to use the name of VK in the name or description of the Service, unless otherwise specified by a separate additional agreement.
- The Service must not violate the rights and interests of third parties. If the Service uses someone's trademarks, copyrights, characters, third-party API and any other content, the exclusive rights to which belong to third parties - rightholders, it must be agreed with the rightholder - so that, at our request, you can grant permission to use these materials.
- It is unacceptable to post information in the Service, which:
- Facilitates the commission of illegal actions or encourages them.
- Uses naturalistic images of violence against people or animals, erotica, pornographic materials, offensive materials, profane language, swear words and expressions.
- Contains descriptions of means and methods of suicide, and any incitement to commit it;
- Propagandizes and / or promotes incitement to racial, religious, ethnic hatred or enmity, propagandizes fascism or the ideology of racial superiority;
- Contains extremist materials;
- Promotes criminal activity or contains tips, instructions or guidelines for the commission of criminal acts;
- Contains information of limited access, including, but not limited to, state and commercial secrets, information about the private life of third parties;
- Contains advertising or describes the attractiveness of narcotic drug use, including “digital drugs” (sound files affecting people through binaural rhythms), information on the abused drug distribution, recipes for abused drug manufacture and tips on using;
- Can potentially lead to the commission of unlawful actions by misleading the Users or abuse of their trust;
- And also violates other rights and interests of citizens and legal entities or the statutory requirements of the Russian Federation and other countries to which the Service functionality applies.
This category includes materials uploaded or created by users that are visible or accessible to several users of the Service. If such materials violate these Rules, they are considered unacceptable.
The Services that contain user-generated content must meet the requirements listed below.
- Before creating content and uploading user materials to the Service, you must accept the terms or conditions for using this Service. If they are absent, the Standard User Agreement is used.
- The developer defined inappropriate user-generated content and explained that such materials are prohibited. This information should be given in the terms or conditions of use of the Service.
- User-generated content is promptly and permanently moderated. Pre-moderation is allowed, as well as automated moderation (but not limited to it).
- The Service provides an opportunity to complain on inappropriate content.
- The developer deletes or locks user accounts that abuse other people and violate the Terms and Conditions or Rules for Using the Service, and also removes unacceptable materials within the time limits established by the Service Terms and Conditions, but no later than 24 hours after filing a complaint.
- The Service must comply with the Principles of user data management within the Service.
- The Services that support operation on iOS and Android mobile clients can be placed in the Directory. If the Service is available on the desktop platform, the operation in the browser version must be correct.
- Before being placed in the Directory, the Service must go through a beta testing program.
- After placing the Service in the Directory, you must add new versions to the beta testing program before the release, and notify the beta testers of VK.
- Stub applications that do not carry the functional load will not be allowed to be placed in the Directory. *Access to functionality of the Services placed in the Directory should be provided without having to go outside of VK website. The Services that redirect Users to third-party resources may be denied placement in the Directory.
- It is forbidden to limit functionality of the Service to Users who do not agree to additional actions: to send out invitations, post messages on the wall, add the Service to the shortcut menu, receive alerts, join the Communities / subscribe to the page, etc. The User actions should not affect other people directly or indirectly (by sending messages, mentioning friends in posts, etc.)
- The Services have the ability to send notifications as well as personal messages to the Users on behalf of the Communities that have received the permission for this by the User. It is prohibited to send advertising messages and notifications, or messages, the content of which contradicts the Rules for Using VK Website, and other messages, the content of which is not directly related to functionality of the Service.
- The personal data of the User obtained using the Service, such as phone number, postal address, user ID, should be used solely in connection with the application functionality. The User should be warned about the purpose of using the data.
- The Service must be visually attractive, all elements must be executed in the same style. The Service may be rejected if its interface is too complex or insufficiently developed.
- The Services can perform payment for services through payment systems, including VK Pay.
- Sale of virtual goods, the use of which does not go beyond the Service (game values, extension of functionality within the application) is allowed only on Android and Web platforms.
- If the Service sells goods / works / services, the provisions of the Rules for Store App Hosting are applied to the Service.
- Advertising in the Service, which is located in the Directory, is prohibited without prior approval from the Website Administration. Advertisements placed in the Service must comply with the Rules for Placing Advertisements on VK, and Rules for Advertising in Applications.